DIY “Great Gatsby Inspired” Headband | By Simone Heng
Written by on August 21, 2013.
Tagged under: Bride Club ME, DIY Gatsby hair band, DIY Weddings, Great Gatsby, Simone Heng
DIY “Great Gatsby” Inspired Headband
Ever since Baz Luhrmann’s ‘The Great Gatsby’ movie came out, it has been influencing fashion and weddings. Recently Bride Club ME published our very first organised styled photo-shoot, the theme being ‘Great Gatsby’.
Our DIY contributor Simone Heng has followed suit and provided the following ‘DIY Gatsby headband’ tutorial. It takes two minutes to create, but looks very fetching. If you don’t want to wear it yourself as the bride, envisage pastel-colored matching headbands for your bridesmaids.
What you will need:
- Needle and thread in white
- Two different types of white stretch lace
- An embellished patch
1) Measure the circumference of your head:
2) Cut both pieces of lace to the same length:
3) Hand stitch the thicker length of lace together with a backstitch:
4) Now get the thinner lace and place it between the loop of the thicker one and tie like so:
5) From there tie a bow:
6) Take your embellished patch and sew it where the bow is:
7) Flip over to reveal the headband:
Wear the bow to the side of your head just like those flapper girls! This will also stop the bow obscuring your pretty wedding day eyes!
For more great DIY ideas hit up cheapnchic.net and keep an eye out for my contributions on Bride Club ME.
Leave a Reply