Hijab styles for your engagement day or “Aqd El-Qiran”
Hijab styles |Tips from Maha Khalid
One of the biggest challenges for any bride-to-be is the first formal appearance in front of her in-laws and her fiancé’s family. Usually that occasion is the engagement day or “Aqd El Qiran”. I believe I speak on behalf of all hijabi brides when I say that top of our concerns on that day is our “Hijab Style.” With not many resources in the market to learn from, styling the bride to be’s Hijab can be a real challenge. Well, not any more!
Here are a few tips on what to do with hijab styles for your engagement.
- Choose hijabs with soft textures and shiny finish. Not only will it help brighten your features, but the soft texture will add softness, elegance and charm to your overall look
- For a unique look, jazz up your hijab with accessories, a brooch or necklace
- Try to find hijabs with an embellished border, stones, beads or embroidery. This is a great way to frame your face and highlight your features.
- It’s ok to try and use more than one hijab per style as long as the colours of the hijab you choose match your dress.
- If you choose to use more than one hijab for your style, try and choose fabrics with different textures. For instance, you may want to use silk with chiffon or organza. This variety in textures will help enrich your overall look.
- Ensure to wear a cotton headband underneath your hijab, as it will help keep it in place for the whole evening.
- Less is more always! The simpler you choose to be, the more elegant you’ll look.
Lastly, I leave you with some hijab styles I have styled for previous engagement events. May your engagement day mark the beginning of a beautiful life ahead of you.
For more bridal bridal beauty inspiration, click here.