Velcro Sleep-in Rollers Review: Pastels Jumeirah Branch
Adored by celebrities and beauty editors alike, Sleep-In Rollers have taken the world by storm – and now this hot hair trend is available in the UAE, thanks to Pastels Salon! For the bride who wants to save some money and style her own hair, or the bride-to-be who has a pre-wedding party to grace, Sleep-In Rollers may be the perfect home hair beauty fix.
Pastels invited me along to have a one-on-one tutorial and styling at their salon, using these squishy miracle makers.
The salon (Pastels):
Located on Al Wasl Road/Jumeirah, Pastels salon is spacious, airy and equipped with the latest mod cons in beauty and hair styling. I was treated to a hair wash in a ‘lay down’ basin. This was the first time I had ever seen one, I must say, they are far more comfortable then the standard sit down basins.
The cute pink bag contains two packs of 10 rollers (20 in total) with some handy hair grips in a little bag.
Once my hair was clean, my stylist rough dried my locks and started talking me through the process.
- Dependant on the tightness of the waves/curls and volume you are looking to achieve, you divide sections of your hair accordingly, for thicker hair or more volume, opt to divide your hair into larger sections.
- Hold your hair up high above your head at the very tip and place your roller at the ends.
- Start rotating the roller and your hair downwards towards your scalp and pin into place.
- Repeat this until all your hair is secured nicely with the rollers.
- Sit back and relax whilst you wear a very flattering bright pink hair satin hood. The hood comes with a long pink tube that attaches to a blow dryer. Wait until your hair is fully dry and remove the rollers one at a time.
- If you are purchasing the rollers, sleep with them on overnight, and remove them the following morning.
Pastels stylist Tip – Use a styling spray or light gel before putting the rollers in, for a more stylised look.
Are they comfortable to wear?
Having a ton of rollers in one’s hair can hardly be described as 100% comfortable, but they certainly did not cause me any stress and were lightweight on the head.
Once the grips were out and my hair was given buff and shake, I had thick, glorious and bouncy locks. I felt like I had walked straight out of a TV advert for Pantene! He-he.
Would I recommend them?
I would recommend them. While my session was completed in the salon, if I had left my rollers in overnight, I would have had double the result. DIY Sleep-In Rollers are perfect for women who want to wake up with hair that looks like you have come straight from a professional blow-dry.
DIY: The cost for a pack of 10 Sleep-In Rollers, along with the Pink Satin H/Dyer Hood, is 160AED.
In the salon: A wash and blow-dry/sleep in rollers styling session at Pastels starts at 110AED depending on the length of your hair.
Book your consultation and/or styling: For further details, get in touch with Pastels Jumeirah Branch by emailing [email protected] or call 04-388 3534/3397