INTERVIEW: Get to know the wedding Pro | Al Wazzan Weddings and Events
Written by Adam Hurst on May 18, 2013.
Get to know the wedding Pro
Every week, we will be shining the spot light on our Bride Club ME vendor club members, allowing you, our reader to get up close and personal with some of the best wedding vendors in town. Here, you can learn more about the people behind the businesses to help make your wedding day perfect!
This week we have the privilege of showcasing Abeer Safa, Event Planner and Co-Founder of Al Wazzan Weddings and Events Dubai. Abeer provides us with exclusive insight in to her wedding planning business, and shares with us what she loves most about her job.
- How long has your company been established and what do you do?
I have always had a passion for weddings, so I decided to turn my passion into my business. I joined Amira Al Wazzan as a business partner in her events planning company which had been operating since 2008. I invested to expand the business and focus on wedding and social events planning as a core service. Al Wazzan manages many successful events in the area and I am excited to join a partnership with a proven and accomplished event management company to manage the wedding and social events division.
Al Wazzan Weddings and Events is a Lebanese owned weddings and events planning company based in Dubai, focusing on weddings. It – ensures that brides, grooms and families are as stress-free as possible leading up to and on the wedding day.
What makes us different is that our clients can be rest assured that no detail will be left untouched by the time their wedding arrives. We have experience providing coordination, management and production services for pre-and-post wedding celebrations.
- What do you love most about your work?
I truly love beauty. Whether it is a photo of one of my brides in a one-of-a-kind moment, the most beautiful floral arrangement or a vibrant view of fall leaves changing colour …, I just love the beauty of colour and design meeting in that perfect place. It’s like a work of art to me. And I enjoy being part of creating something beautiful and making others happy through that process.
The most rewarding part for Al Wazzan Weddings and Events is seeing everything come together on the wedding day and seeing the bride and groom so happy. There is nothing better than hearing them say “this is exactly what we wanted”, or overhearing a guest comment on what a great time they are having.
- Do you have any exciting projects coming up?
We have some weddings and social events booked in for next year as well as few other inquiries for Al Wazzan Weddings and Events. We are also looking at doing workshops and trainings for Brides or Grooms to learn about all aspects of wedding planning and new techniques from the professionals.
- Do you have a favourite ceremony and / or reception location in the UAE?
We enjoy outdoor wedding locations whether on a quiet stretch of beach or tropical garden. No matter where you get hitched, the beauty of nature adds so much to such a momentous occasion. There are number of wedding venues that we love to work with in UAE. The ones that stand out based on their location and appearances are: Madinat Jumeirah, Park Hyatt, Desert Palm and The Palace Old Town.
- Describe your wedding planning style and approach events.
We approach every event with an open mind. An event can only be as good as its creator and its creation is based on the relationship between the client and the stylist or planner. We love to make suggestions that are unexpected, by offering alternative decor and planning tips that often make an event really unique.
- How can our readers (Brides) benefit from your service?
We have numerous packages that we offer. No two brides/couples are alike. Everyone has different tastes and needs so we specialise in being able to provide them with the services that they need. Those services are:
- Consultation Only – for the bride that wants to plan the wedding herself, but wants to arm herself with the right know how on how to go about doing it.
- Takeover Service/Wedding Day Coordination – For clients who want to plan on their own, but have a professional oversee and handle everything on the day. So for our Takeover service, we give out a worksheet, which the clients complete as they plan and it acts like a checklist for the things they need to do.
- Full Service Wedding Planning – For clients who don’t have the time or don’t want to go it alone during the planning process.
- Custom and unique cakes at affordable prices for all occasions – Birthday Party, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, Bachelorette Party, Engagement Party, Wedding and Anniversary Parties.
- Bridal Fitness & Beauty Coaching Programs – to help the bride achieve her perfect look and get in the best shape before her wedding day. This includes: Fitness Classes, Health Coaching Sessions, Beauty Treatment and Packages.
We provide our clients with creative services. Our architects and creative designers helps us with all the visuals needed during the events planning and proposal stages and later takes over the designs of the event theme and visual content. We also prize our ability to produce events visual materials in-house as no one knows how to produce our concepts better than we do.
- If you could give one piece of advice to expat brides to-be, what would it be?
Couples can often get really caught up in fretting about the little details in each decision. We try to always relate each decision back to the overall question of “how will this affect my guests experience?” which helps to make sure that the money you spend has the most impact on the people you love.
1. Write down your wish list before you start planning and committing to anything. It is really hard to accommodate everything on that list and before you know it, you are swept away with what others suggest. If you have a priority list, you can always refer back to it and remember what you both really wanted in the first place.
2. Don’t scrimp on the important things, including decorations. Decor creates the mood for your wedding and isn’t just about looking nice. Consider your options, get lots of quotes and ask decor experts for ideas that are a little different.
3. Last but not least call Al Wazzan Weddings and Events and allow us to take care of your Big Day!
- Lastly, why did you choose to list with www.brideclubme.com?
We chose to be listed with Bride club me because it’s one of Dubai’s premiere and leading online wedding resource for brides-to-be seeking information and services to help plan their weddings. Partnering with www.brideclubme.com will help us reach to that segment of our target audience and offer further exposure with brides-to-be as an option for using our wedding planning services, which is a great opportunity for us.
Thanks Abeer! For more on Al Wazzan Weddings and Events check out their Bride Club ME Vendor listing, or head straight to their website. Any questions or comments for Abeer and her team? Leave them in the comments!