The Most Expensive Weddings in the Word
Written by Adam Hurst on February 5, 2013.
The average US couple spends $25,631 on their nuptials. Bride Club ME began to wonder about some of the worlds most expensive weddings and how much they cost. Here’s what we found out !
1. Prince Charles and Lady Diana. Cost $110 million
2. Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia. Cost $66 million
3. Prince William and Kate Middleton. Cost $34 million
4. Wayne Rooney and Coleen McLoughlin. Cost $8 million
5. Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky. Cost $5 million
6. Liza Minnelli and David Gest. Cost $4.2 million
7. Elizabeth Taylor and Larry Fortensky. Cost $4 million
8. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills. Cost $3.6 million
9. Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar. Cost $2.6 million
10. Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman. Cost $2.2 million
11. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Cost $2 million
12. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas. Cost $1.6 million
And if you think that a big wedding is a guarantee of happiness think again. At least six of the above marriages ended in divorce.
So even if you have to make some budget decisions to save money, your chances of the perfect marriage are just as high as if you’d spent millions. And your day will be just as special to you as the above brides.
By the way, watch out for the wedding of Janet Jackson and Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana. The couple plan to get married during spring in Doha, Qatar in 2013. The cost? $20 million.