Bridal Makeup For A Dubai Beach Wedding – Tips & Advice
It’s official! Winter is upon us in the UAE and it is glorious ~ so much so, that more and more brides are taking their vows to sand and sunset with beach weddings becoming an opportune way to (finally) tying the knot this side of 2020. And as idyllic as a beach elopement may be, it can be a MUA’s greatest challenge to keep your bridal-beauty flawless in the face of humidity, wind, sandy terrain and the unknown weather variables that could just take you by surprise.
Lucky for our Bride Club readers our Bridal Beauty Expert, Laure Sejean, is sharing her tips on how to prep your skin for a sure-thing makeup application that lasts from the sunny afternoon ceremony, through to the sunset cocktail and moonlight revelry. Discover how she uses Beach Skin preparation and makeup products to create the perfect beach bridal makeup in the makeup tutorial video here!
PREPPING THE SKIN FOR A BRIDAL MAKE-UP GLOW THAT LASTS.
There is nothing better than hearing the words “you look radiant!” on your wedding day, which is why it remains our first and overall goal for bridal makeup. And the best way to achieve this for your wedding day is to start from the night before with a face sheet mask and eye patches to hydrate and illuminate your skin.
- The Patchology Flash Mask and Eye Patches are a 5 min job and they work amazingly! They’re available to order on beautysolutions-me.com at 49aed for a single pack face mask and 115aed for eye patches in a pack of three.
- For the ingredients to penetrate the skin well, I like to use a Glow Gold Roller by the Fit Face. You can see how I use this for optimal results on my previous article here.
- Start with a skincare routine that will uplift and brighten the complexion. I love the Ole Henriksen ‘Truth’ range as it’s packed with Vitamin C in a gentle formulation that suits any skin. It’s a go-to for most of my brides and they love it! More on this skincare range here.
MAKEUP FOR WHATEVER THE WEATHER
If your beach wedding is bringing you to the UAE, the makeup techniques and products need to be adjusted based on local seasonal weather. As many of you may already know, the one 24hr stretch may bring you blazing sun, an afternoon chill and nighttime humidity. So ladies take note! As I share with you my favourite makeup products that achieve a flawless bridal beach look whatever the weather.
- The first product you should be applying after you’re done with the prep is a primer to unify the texture of your skin and hold the makeup base for longer. I tend to mix and match depending on skin type and facial zones. For instance, my two faves’ consist of the Fenty Profilt’r Matifying Primer (160aed at Sephora.ae) as a lighter option at the centre of the face to limit shine for the long haul. And a luminous one on the high point of the face to imitate a glow from within, I tend to choose Laura Mercier’s Pure Canvas Primer Illuminating (168aed at Sephora.ae )
- My BIG foundation SECRET is that I rarely use only one type on my bride. I prefer to mix several to achieve the skin finish that my bride wants, dependent upon her skin and the desired effect. When creating a luminous and glowing canvas, 3 foundations come into play – Giorgio Armani’s ‘Luminous Silk Foundation’ (245aed at Sephora.ae), Charlotte Tilbury’s ‘Light Wonder’ (230aed on Namshi.com) and the Anne Semonin ‘Glow Instant Essence’ ( 310aed on Ounass.com).
- Something to keep in mind is that cream-based products will be your best friend! They help to create the long-lasting canvas before locking the look with powder products. To enhance your gorgeous features, Nudestix products are the highlighters stealing the show. They’re effortless and create the most gorgeous glow on your skin. They recently launched three new shades: Terracota, Sweet Peach Peony and Bubbly Bee at Sephora.ae With those three sticks, you can contour, create a peachy blush and a subtle highlight to your heart’s desire. The perfect combo for a fresh look!
EYE MAKEUP THAT WOWS FROM SUN-UP TO SUNDOWN
I can’t contain it anymore! I just can not get enough of the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow talk luxury palette (240aed on Namshi.com). I’ve been using it on my brides a lot lately and boy have they been pleased. It has the perfect shade for a romantic but luminous eye look, which suits the beach bridal makeup look perfectly.
- For a more defined and dramatic eye look for an evening reception, apply the NARS ‘High Pigment Longwear Eyeliner’ (135aed on Sephora.ae). I love the shade ‘Mambo’ from this range, it is a rich and warm brown tone that naturally enhances your eye colour (suits most) without being too dark.
So there you have it, cheat the elements and look blooming good doing so with these skin and bridal makeup hacks. I have shared the products that I can emphatically recommend for a dream beach bridal look, but if you want to know the full list and see how to recreate the same makeup as seen in the video, checkout @brideclubeme or @lauresejean on Instagram. Don’t hesitate to ask for tips or more info on products best suited for you in the comments and don’t forget to tag us in your looks.