Diary Of A Real Dubai Bride – Choosing A Dubai Wedding Venue 101
Today, in our ‘Diary Of A Real Bride’ blog series, bride-to-be Dania talks us through choosing her dream wedding venue in Dubai. She explains how she went about narrowing down the plethora of options out there, which can sometimes be overwhelming even for the most organised brides. Over to you, Dania!
“Where are you getting married in Dubai?”. A question that made my palms sweaty, my heart thump, and my head spin. Venue hunting in Dubai is one of the hardest things I ever found being a Dubai bride. Why, you ask? Well, because of the most amazing reason of all, there are just SO MANY OPTIONS! Dubai just seems to have it all when it comes to wedding venues, which is absolutely a blessing but also can be stressful.
Choosing the style and theme of our wedding was something I toyed with endlessly! Personally, I just could not decide between having a beach wedding on the palm with an array of pampas flowers and the boho-chic style I’d pinned so many times on my wedding inspo board. A close contender was having a desert-glam wedding, which always reminded me of the SATC scenes in the deserts of Abu Dhabi. Contrary to that was the idea of a modern city wedding with skyline views and the infamous Burj Khalifa adding the ‘sparkle’ to our wedding photos.
Bridal tip: Involve your fiancé as much as possible in the process because they will help you make the decisions that you will ponder over for 19 weeks!
After viewing 15 venues, (Yes, 15) we both decided it would be a city glam, Downtown extravaganza. Now, I know 15 venues sounds like a lot but when you consider certain aspects such as budget, music levels past a certain hour, indoor spaces, outdoor spaces, wedding style and just what makes your heart go … YES, THIS THE ONE! – It does take time. I had an excel sheet for each venue to help us to compare, it really helps! However, make sure you go with what you both want as a couple. If you’re sharing things with friends and family, it can be supportive but also confuse you even more. Remember it is your day and whatever makes your heart burst with love and excitement. Oh, and I can assure you when you know, you know. We did when visited what is now OUR venue at the Address, Fountain Views, downtown.
My gift to you this month is a compiled list of things to think about when viewing a venue in Dubai. It is literally the list I never had, so cherish it and use it. So here they are:
Bride 101: The Dubai Wedding Venue questions you need to consider:
- Drinks packages: Alcoholic/non-alcoholic: What are the options? Do they require you to purchase a set drinks package? Can you bring your own drinks, and do they offer corkage options? Can you pay a certain amount for drinks and opt for a cash bar after? Double check all options available.
- Outdoor lighting/sound: What sound/lighting equipment is needed for your outdoor space? (Be mindful of this, as you can spend a fortune on lighting/sound last minute if this is overseen at the beginning & guests need to see their food).
- The public: Do they have access to your wedding space? Is it private? Will Dave in his yellow speedo’s suddenly wonder in as you walk down the Aisle? (It may bother you it, may not but it’s good to know.)
- The wedding package: What does the hotel/establishment offer for the bride and groom? (This is a big one! – cakes, 1-night stays … some venues you do, and some don’t).
- Bridal entrance/exit: What access will there be for the bride to get down the aisle? (This is HUGE! – entrances/exits/ distances. Trust me!).
I hope my thoughts and ideas have either put you at ease or pointed you in the right direction! Good luck! Dania xoxo
Don’t forget to visit us next month to see Dania’s latest bridal diary post and to find out how her wedding plans are coming along! You can also follow Dania over at @dandandaniaa on Instagram for more wedding updates!