Get To Know the Wedding Pro: Kachins, A Tradition Of Craftsmanship
Each month, we shine the spotlight on Bride Club ME vendor club members, allowing you, our reader, to get up close and personal with some of the best wedding vendors in town. Here, you can learn more about the people behind some of the businesses you may be using to make your wedding the day you’ve always dreamed of!
This week, we have the pleasure of showcasing Anil Ramchandani, the Business Development Manager and the son of the owner of Kachins. Founded in Dubai in 1981, Kachins has since evolved into a heritage of elegance, pioneering the art of tailoring and bespoke wear.
Combine passion for design and advanced machinery that offer the finest stitching services, and you have, what most satisfied customers label as the “KACHINS EXPERIENCE” – A truly cherished aura of garments that have rightfully earned their creators the position of leaders in the field of bespoke tailoring.
Kachins Group exclusively represent some of the finest and internationally renowned fabric brands from Italy, Switzerland and United Kingdom. Moreover, Kachins also offers quality accessories and custom-made shoes and much more to complement your wardrobe. Kachins believe that the process of personalized garment manufacturing is truly an art that requires attention to each minute detail, hence they choose to dedicate their lives around making this experience a memorable one for you.
We hope you enjoy getting to know Anil! Enjoy…
Above right: Anil Ramchandani, the Business Development Manager and the son of the owner of Kachins.
♡ How long has Kachins been established and what services do you offer?
We are a leading Bespoke Tailoring/Menswear Fashion company based in the U.A.E. for almost four decades. We first opened our doors in 1981 in the heart of Bur Dubai. We currently have six showrooms in various locations across the U.A.E. such as Bur Dubai, Dubai Marina, Business Bay, Jumeirah & Abu Dhabi to cater to our widespread clientele.
Our services include, but are not limited to, fully bespoke suits and shirts with exclusive fabrics sourced from Italy, Switzerland & England, ready-to-wear ethnic collections and ceremonial wear. We also believe in providing our customers with everything additional to complete their overall look such accessories and shoes, all under one roof.
♡ What’s unique about the Kachin’s experience?
What makes Kachins stand out from its competitors is the high levels of personalized service and fabric qualities that are available exclusively to us, and the reliability of the brand built over these decades.
Also, Dubai being a fast-paced city, we believe in providing a service where our customers can find everything for their wardrobe without having to spend too much time. From suits, to accessories, to shoes, you can find it all under one roof. Customers today not only benefit from easy to access locations but also office visits and home visits as per their convenience.
♡ What are your top three tips for Grooms out there currently looking for the perfect wedding attire?
1. Decide on an outfit based on the time of the wedding. Is the wedding taking place in the day time or night time? Darker colours usually absorb more heat which may feel very uncomfortable, especially when you’re under the sun. So, for a day time wedding, we highly recommend a light coloured suit. For night weddings you have plenty of options ranging from black, navy blue, dark greys, etc.
2. Always keep the theme of the wedding in mind because your look will have to match it. For more colourful and vibrant themes we recommend tuxedos/suits with brighter colours so that it’s more fun and playful. For formal weddings you can choose from various options such as a typical black-tie suit/tuxedo, something more elegant such as a brocade fabric or an absolutely formal look in a tail coat.
3. Make sure that you match with your partner. Try to get some elements of her dress incorporated into your outfit. This does not only compliment her outfit but also helps getting some great pictures together.
♡ What makes the perfect suit?
There are a few elements required to construct a perfect bespoke suit:
- Make sure you choose fine quality of fabric.
- Look out for the length of the sleeves, the fit of the shoulders, the length of the jacket and how fitted the jacket is. The overall fitting must be customized to you.
- The detailing of the suit such as the buttons, pick stitching and personalized monograms gives a suit the extra perfection factor.
- Lastly, how it’s been paired. This is an important part. You need to make sure you have the right shirt and shoes paired with your suit to complete the entire look.
♡ Can you talk us through the process of working with Kachins as a Groom?
Getting the right suit for your wedding can always be a stressful procedure, especially if you’re not sure about what you want. Here at Kachins, we have a dedicated team to make sure Grooms do not have to go through this pressure and that they experience a stress-free journey.
Our team goes through a list of details which they will require from the groom:
1. The first meeting is where we sit down with the groom and get as much detail as we can about the wedding and theme/themes. We then try to understand the style and preferences of the groom, such as how much is he open to experimenting with colours & fabrics or what kind of look makes him feel comfortable.
2. We then go through various designs/samples to see what kind of style the groom likes and work on it further to curate the perfect look for him.
3. Once he’s finalized on a design/cut of the suit, we then show him fabrics accordingly. This is an essential part of the process as the fabric plays a very important role in a suit. Every detail such as the weather, the time of the wedding and the venue is taken into consideration to determine the right kind of fabric that can be used for this suit.
4. Once everything is finalized, we start the production of the suit which is carefully made as per the grooms’ measurements. Then he will be called back once or twice for a fitting session after which the order will be delivered within 7 – 10 working days.
5. Meanwhile, we also suggest different accessories and shoes to complete the look for his big day. If required, we can also help coordinate the look of the groom with his groomsmen. Even after delivery of the suit, our team will ensure that everything is in place and follow up with the groom incase there are any last minute additions or alterations required.
♡ What is your favourite thing about working in the family business?
I’ve been part of this family business before I even went off to college. I’ve always admired my father and the way he’s built this business from scratch. For me, I’ve always wanted to be like him; his work ethic, determination and even his style. He has always been an inspiration to me.
It didn’t take me long to start following his footsteps and learning the process of this business. I have to say, it’s been the best thing that’s ever happened to me. You get to learn so much and the challenges you constantly face, makes you stronger by the day.
Of course, working in a family business is always a lot of fun. Especially when everyone sits down together to come up with new concepts and ideas. We obviously give each other a hard time but we always know that we are supporting one another no matter what the circumstances are, and that’s what makes us go ahead and experiment with the business. We have a great sync between us so taking a risk sometimes doesn’t feel as scary.
♡ Do you offer ‘at home’ tailoring services?
We do offer home visits along with office visits for our customers convenience. All you need to do is book an appointment on our website or give us a call and we will take care of the rest.
♡ Tell us about your accessory options for the groom to be?
We have a wide range of accessories in store including cufflinks, ties, bows, cravats, shoes and many more. We can even offer to customize accessories as per the groom’s requirements such as a set of customized cufflinks for the groom and his groomsmen, or even custom-made shoes. Having the wedding monogram in the groom’s suit, or even the initials, can be incorporated which are some small details that can make the outfit feel even more personalized.
♡ What budgets do you cater for?
Our prices start from AED 1,800 for a standard 2 piece suit and can vary up to AED 30,000 – AED 40,000 depending on the clients preferences/fabrics.
♡ Lastly, why did you choose to list with www.brideclubme.com?
As Bride Club ME is one of the leading online concierge services with a vast range of vendors, we believe it is a great platform to connect with grooms to be, relatives and friends who are looking for bespoke menswear and accessories.