INTERVIEW: Get To Know The Wedding Pro | DJ & MC Sarah Lawrence
Get To Know The Wedding Pro!
Every week, we shine the spot light on our Bride Club ME vendor club members, allowing our readers to get up close and personal with some of the best wedding suppliers in town. Here, you can learn more about the people behind some of the businesses you hire to make your wedding day perfect!
This week we have the privilege of showcasing the gorgeous DJ and MC, Sarah Lawrence. Sarah provides us with exclusive insight into being a wedding DJ and MC, and shares with us what she loves most about her job.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. Why did you become a DJ/Master of ceremonies?
I was in the final for a competition at over at MTV when I was 21 years of age, that got me started in presenting. I started DJing in London a while back, I had always thought about it, but never had the opportunity until then…the rest is history! DJing is my passion.
- What do you love most about your work?
I love playing at weddings because everyone is always up for fun. You never know when you rock up to work in a club gig, whether it will be busy or if people are there to dance, but at a wedding it’s a lot of fun and the energy is always electric!
- What sets you apart from other wedding DJ’s in the UAE
My professionalism yet laid back and easy nature. I also have experience DJing across the world.
- For those who do not know what it entails, please explain the role of a wedding MC?
The wedding MC’s job is make sure there are no awkward silences thoughout the event and to keep a nice steady flow, give clear direction to guests and to genreally add a touch of fun and order to your wedding.
- Where is your favorite wedding venue to DJ at in the UAE
There are many, but I personally love the Park Hyatt in Deira ! Even though it’s one venue, there are a few really different and unique locations you can move to during the wedding day and evening. Each location has completely different feel and vibe.
- What’s your favorite & least favorite song to play at a wedding?
It’s not my place to say, even if I don’t like a song that has been requested, it means that other people do, and it’s always fun to watch as their DJ. The Macarena is always a floor filling winner!
- What are some things couples should look for when hiring a wedding DJ?
The DJ needs to be relatable and approachable. You want to feel 100% comfortable saying what you do and don’t’ like/want.
- Lastly, if you could give one piece of wedding advice to engaged couples, what would it be?
Keep the love alive by making a little effort with little thoughtful surprises every now and then ;)