DIY Bridal Fashion – Oversized Corsage Flower
We all loved Carrie Bradshaw’s oversized corsage flower, but most of us are not living the ‘S** and the City’ lifestyle and the next best occasion to rock one is at a wedding! You can make flowers in blush pink for bridesmaids or rock one as a headpiece for yourself, in lieu of a veil in ivory or white. I did mine in fucshia and made it large, inspired by the image below.
What you will need:
- Stiff, gauzy fabric (mesh and tulle work well)
- Fabric scissors
- Pink thread
- Brooch pin
1) Cut circles out of the fabric by folding it in half and cutting semi circles. They don’t have to be perfect. I chose to have mine with a diameter of approximately 12cm.
2) Continue creating circles until you have 15-20, depending on the volume you desire in the flower.
3) Fold the circles in half and then quarters, irregularly.
4) Draw the needle and thread through the pointed end to secure.
5) When all the circles have been drawn onto the thread, tie off.
6) Sew on your brooch pin.
The Final Result
DIY Bridal Fashion – Oversized Corsage Flower,