The Diary Of A Real BCME Bride | Plan B: Part Two
The Diary Of A Real BCME Bride | Plan B
Hello fellow brides-to-be! Belated Eid Mubarak! If you read my previous diary submission, you’ll know that Ramadan was a tumultuous time for me. My Fiance and I have taken the decision to postpone our nuptials.
My Fiance and I have taken the decision to postpone our nuptials.
Plan B is now in full swing! Since our wedding was supposed to take place in two months’ time, in Jordan, there was no option but to delay it for a few months … and possibly change its location. To some brides this must seem like an absolute nightmare, but to me, I revel in the thought of getting married in a completely different setting. I have had the pleasure of preparing for an autumn wedding before in my career and look forward to even more daydreaming about a different location for my own wedding, if it comes to it.
To those of you in the same predicament, make sure to stay on top of the following:
Your wedding dress
If you’ve hired a designer, inform him or her that you’ve delayed your wedding and, once the location has been decided (if you have changed the location), provide details on the kind of event you’re planning. Will it take place in a ballroom or on the beach? Will you be dancing a lot or sitting down most of the time? These are important pieces of information that will help ensure your wedding dress is both stunning and comfortable.
Your flower-girl dresses
Children tend to grow at an alarming rate. Make sure to stop all production of dresses until you’ve set your alternative date. And re-measure the girls! Some will have grown while others will be going through puberty. A few months makes a difference.
Make sure to inform your guests of any developments and changes ASAP, so they can cancel their travel plans and refund their tickets and reservations without delay.
I hope that you never have to resort to plan B, however it’s best to be prepared.
Check out Salwa’s previous real bride submission here.